Easily automate and control label printing from existing systems and commonly used PC applications
An Automation system is the simplest & fastest way to ensure accurate and consistent label printing without any expensive custom development required.
Simply connect label printers to your existing software applications or use hardware devices such as barcode scanners, motion sensors or weigh scales.
Send data through one of the many available connectivity methods to the Automation Software and it will extract relevant label data, merge with a pre-designed label template, and send print jobs to your selected hardware.
Easily print bar code labels from your existing software applications
Business systems typically have little or no support for label printers. They require you to hard-code labels in a printer command language or use a font to represent a barcode. These approaches are complicated, limited in functionality and expensive to maintain, especially when printer models become obsolete. Automation software offers an easier way to:
- Design label templates with a professional drag-and-drop graphical label designer.
- Set up a simple configuration file within the Automation Builder software.
- Use existing software applications, databases or spreadsheets to automatically trigger print commands either when a specific action is performed; an existing data table is edited; or when new records are added.
- Run an Automated printing system requiring little or no maintenance that works with virtually any type of label printer.
Print automatically from weight scales, PLCs and barcode scanners
Connect label printers to production hardware with NiceLabel Automation Software. Hardware devices can send data through RS232 or TCP/IP protocols, removing the need for manual data entry. Use a workflow event such as scanning a barcode or weighing a box to automatically initiate label printing.
Use Automation Software with:
- Barcode scanners
- RFID Readers
- Weight scales
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
Eliminate human error and increase customer satisfaction
When users enter incorrect data or select a wrong label template, your business is at risk of compliance fines, incorrect inventory data, wrongly shipped product and unhappy customers. Use Automation Software to print from existing applications and:
- Remove the need for manual data-entry and standalone applications.
- Use the data that already exists in your business applications without the need to export or merge files.
- Eliminate any additional learning curves as users don’t interact with the printing software.
Deploy rapidly without customizing existing applications
Initiate printing with a label data file drop, new database record, TCP/IP request, or RS232 transmission. NiceLabel Automation Software includes a powerful data extraction tool for easy mapping of your data so you don’t need to modify your existing application.
Automation Software includes:
- File, database, TCP/IP and RS232 triggers.
- A CSV wizard for quick and easy mapping of standard CSV text files.
- An easy-to-use graphical mapper that lets you use any legacy data format.